Homepage for Charlene Kalle
| Mathematisch Instituut
Niels Bohrweg 1
2333 CA Leiden
| Room 212
Tel: +31 71 5271590
interval maps, ergodic theory, dynamical systems, numeration systems, number expansions, fractal geometry
- Niels Langeveld: Matching, entropy, holes and expansions
- Marta Maggioni: Measures and matching for number systems
- Benthen Zeegers (started in November 2018)
- Jonny Imbierski (started in September 2020, joint with Dalia Terhesiu)
Publications in international journals
- Critical intermittency in random interval maps (with Ale Jan Homburg, Marks Ruziboev, Evgeny Verbitskiy and Benthen Zeegers). To appear in Comm. Math. Phys. (arXiv)
- Random Lochs' Theorem (with Evgeny Verbitskiy and Benthen Zeegers). To appear in Studia Math. (arXiv)
- On approximation by random Lüroth expansions (with Marta Maggioni). Int. J. Number Theory 18(5): 1013-1046, 2022. (arXiv)
- Invariant densities for random continued fractions (with Valentin Matache, Masato Tsujii and Evgeny Verbitskiy). J. Math. Anal. Appl. 512(2): Paper no. 126163, 2022. (arXiv)
- Invariant densities for random systems of the interval (with Marta Maggioni). Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 42(1): 141-179, 2022. (arXiv)
- Matching for random systems with an application to minimal weight expansions (with Karma Dajani and Marta Maggioni). Nonlinearity 34(6): 3676-3708, 2021. (arXiv)
- The β-transformation with a hole at 0 (with Derong Kong, Niels Langeveld and Wenxia Li). Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 40(9): 2482-2514, 2020. (arXiv)
- Invariant measures, matching and the frequency of 0 for signed binary expansions (with Karma Dajani). Publ. Res. Inst. Math. Sci. 56(4): 701-742, 2020. (arXiv)
- Matching for a family of infinite measure continued fraction transformations (with Niels Langeveld, Marta Maggioni and Sara Munday). Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 40(11): 6309-6330, 2020. (arXiv)
- On the bifurcation set of unique expansions (with Derong Kong, Wenxia Li and Fan Lü), Acta Arith. 188(4): 367-399, 2019. (arXiv)
- The random continued fraction transformation (with Tom Kempton and Evgeny Verbitskiy), Nonlinearity 30(3): 1182-1203, 2017. (arXiv)
- Matching for generalised β-transformations (with Henk Bruin and Carlo Carminati), Indag. Math. 28(1): 55-73, 2017. (arXiv)
- Natural extensions for piecewise affine maps via Hofbauer towers (with Henk Bruin), Monatsh. Math. 175(1): 65-88, 2014. (arXiv)
- Isomorphisms between positive and negative beta-transformations, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 34(1): 153-170, 2014. (arXiv)
- Local dimensions for the random β-transformation (with Karma Dajani), New York J. Math. 19: 285-303, 2013. (arXiv)
- Beta-expansions, natural extensions and multiple tilings (with Wolfgang Steiner), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 364(5): 2281-2318, 2012. (arXiv)
- Transformations generating negative β-expansions (with Karma Dajani), Integers 11B, 2011, A5. (arXiv)
- A note on the greedy β-transformation with arbitrary digits (with Karma Dajani), in École de théorie ergodique, Sémin. Congr. 20, Soc. Math. France: 83-104, 2010. (PDF)
- Natural extensions for the Golden Mean (with Karma Dajani), in European Women in Mathematics, Proceedings of the 13th General Meeting, World Sci. Publ.: 113-123, 2010. (arXiv)
- A natural extension for the greedy β-transformation with three arbitrary digits (with Karma Dajani), Acta Math. Hungar. 125(1-2): 21--45, 2009. (PDF)
- Random β-expansions with deleted digits (with Karma Dajani), Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 18(1): 199-217, 2007. (PDF)
- On the convergence of logarithmic first return times (with Karma Dajani), Rev. Roumaine Math. Pures Appl. 52(1): 35-46, 2007. (PDF)
Publications in Dutch
- De oorsprong van ergodentheorie (with Frank den Hollander), Nieuw Arch. Wiskd. (5), 22(1): 9-13, 2021. (PDF)
- Tegeltjeswijsheden, Eureka!, 49: 20-23, 2015. (PDF)
- Bewogen getallen, Nieuw Arch. Wiskd. (5), 12(1): 49-54, 2011. (PDF)
- Decay of correlations for critically intermittent systems (with Benthen Zeegers). (arXiv)
- Expansions and Extensions, 2009. (PDF)
Together with Carlo Carminati, Sara Munday and Evgeny Verbitskiy I organised the conference 60 years of dynamics and number expansions from December 10 to 14, 2018 at the Centro Ennio de Giorgi in Pisa.
I co-organised the school and workshop called Streams II at the Lorentz Center in Leiden in 2014.
In the fall semester of 2021-2022 I will be teaching the bachelor/master course Ergodic Theory and Fractals together with Evgeny Verbitskiy.
I will also be tutoring a group of first year mathematics students for the course Wiskundige Structuren.
In the spring semester of 2021-2022 I will be teaching Dynamics and Chaos for second year mathematics students together with Martina Chirilus-Bruckner.
Foundation Compositio Mathematica
Starting January 2022 I am a board member and the secretary of the Foundation Compositio Mathematica.