Seminar on Complex Multiplication
In the Fall Semester of 2013, we (Pinar Kilicer and Chloe Martindale) are organizing a seminar on Complex Multiplication. Currently, our plan is to come together every Thursday morning. The first meeting will be on Wednesday 23rd October.
This seminar is aimed at PhD students and possibly also Master students with the goal of understanding the main theorems of complex multiplication and Honda-Tate Theory.
October 23rd, 2013. (different day, different time!) Room: 312
- 14:00h-15:45h. Pinar Kilicer. The introduction and the main theorems of Complex Multiplication (notes).
October 31st, 2013. Room: 402
November 7th, 2013. Room: 402
- 10:00h-10:50h. Djordjo Milovic . Class field theory .
- 11:00h-11:50h. Dino Festi . Complex multiplication for elliptic curves (I) .
November 14th, 2013. Room: 402
- 10:00h-11:50h. Dino Festi . Complex multiplication for elliptic curves (II).
November 18th, 2013. (different day, different time!) Room: 402
November 28th, 2013. !!! No seminar this week !!!
December 5th, 2013. Room: 402
December 12th, 2013. Room: 402
- 10:00h-11:50h. Ha Tran. The reflex field, the type norm and the reflex type .
- Peter Stevenhagen, lecture notes Number Rings available
- Peter Stevenhagen, lecture notes Class Field Theory available
- Serge Lang, Complex Multiplication, 1983 .
- Goro Shimura, Abelian Varieties with Complex Multiplication and Modular Functions,
1998 (Sections 1 -- 16 essentially appeared
before in Goro Shimura and Yutaka Taniyama,
Complex Multiplication of Abelian Varieties and Its Applications to Number Theory, 1961)
- Joseph H. Silverman, The Arithmetic of Elliptic Curves, 1986
- Joseph H. Silverman, Advanced Topics in the Arithmetic of Elliptic Curves, 1994