Homepage for Charlene Kalle
| Mathematisch Instituut
Niels Bohrweg 1
2333 CA Leiden
| Room 212
Tel: +31 71 5271590
interval maps, ergodic theory, dynamical systems, fractal geometry
Publications in international journals
- On the bifurcation set of unique expansions (with Derong Kong, Wenxia Li and Fan Lü). To appear in Acta Arith. (arXiv)
- The random continued fraction transformation (with Tom Kempton and Evgeny Verbitskiy). Nonlinearity 30(3): 1182-1203, 2017. (arXiv)
- Matching for generalised β-transformations (with Henk Bruin and Carlo Carminati). Indag. Math. 28(1): 55-73, 2017. (arXiv)
- Natural extensions for piecewise affine maps via Hofbauer towers (with Henk Bruin), Monatsh. Math. 175(1): 65-88, 2014. (arXiv)
- Isomorphisms between positive and negative beta-transformations, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 34(1): 153-170, 2014. (arXiv)
- Local dimensions for the random β-transformation (with Karma Dajani), New York J. Math. 19: 285-303, 2013. (arXiv)
- Beta-expansions, natural extensions and multiple tilings (with Wolfgang Steiner), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 364(5): 2281-2318, 2012. (arXiv)
- Transformations generating negative β-expansions (with Karma Dajani), Integers 11B, 2011, A5. (arXiv)
- A note on the greedy β-transformation with arbitrary digits (with Karma Dajani), in École de théorie ergodique, Sémin. Congr. 20, Soc. Math. France: 83-104, 2010. (PDF)
- Natural extensions for the Golden Mean (with Karma Dajani), in European Women in Mathematics, Proceedings of the 13th General Meeting, World Sci. Publ.: 113-123, 2010. (arXiv)
- A natural extension for the greedy β-transformation with three arbitrary digits (with Karma Dajani), Acta Math. Hungar. 125(1-2): 21--45, 2009. (PDF)
- Random β-expansions with deleted digits (with Karma Dajani), Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 18(1): 199-217, 2007. (PDF)
- On the convergence of logarithmic first return times (with Karma Dajani), Rev. Roumaine Math. Pures Appl. 52(1): 35-46, 2007. (PDF)
- Invariant densities for random systems of the interval (with Marta Maggioni). (arXiv)
- The β-transformation with a hole at 0 (with Derong Kong, Niels Langeveld and Wenxia Li). (arXiv)
- Invariant measures, matching and the frequency of 0 for signed binary expansions (with Karma Dajani). (arXiv)
Publications in Dutch
- Tegeltjeswijsheden, Eureka!, 49: 20-23, 2015. (PDF)
- Bewogen getallen, Nieuw Arch. Wiskd. (5), 12(1): 49-54, 2011. (PDF)
- Het gebruik van wiskunde in de Islam (with Natasja Bouwman), Epsilon Uitgaven, Utrecht 2002.
- Expansions and Extensions, 2009. (PDF)
Together with Karma Dajani and Cor Kraaikamp I organised three one-day meetings in Ergodic Theory and Fractals in 2018. This was a sequal of a similar series of events that I organised with Tom Kempton in 2013.
From August 30 to September 2, 2016, there was a workshop on `Fractals, Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems' in Utrecht.
On the 11th and 12th of June 2015 there was a workshop on `Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems' in Leiden.
From the 20th to the 31st of Januari 2014 there was a school and workshop called Streams II at the Lorentz Center in Leiden.
In the fall semester of 2018-2019 I will be teaching Wiskundige Structuren for first year mathematics students in Leiden. I will also be teaching the Mastermath course Ergodic Theory together with Karma Dajani.
In the spring semester of 2018-2019 I will be teaching the bachelor/master course Modern Dynamics together with Evgeny Verbitskiy.
Sinds februari 2015 ben ik studieadviseur voor bachelorstudenten Wiskunde vanaf jaar 2. Klik hier voor informatie hierover.