Topics in Arithmetic Geometry, Spring 2011
Time: Mondays, 15:45--17:30. Place: Snellius 401.
All students writing their master theses in the Spring of 2010 in the
area of algebra, geometry and number theory, or planning to start
doing so in the near future, are advised to participate.
The rules for obtaining 6 EC for this seminar are as follows:
The grade will be Pass/Fail, which does not affect the weighted
average of your grades.
- speak at least two times;
- not too much of the same;
- there must be some originality in the talk (e.g., at least work out an
example of yourself, or state and prove your own new theorem!);
- students provide notes for their own lectures.
To get an idea of possible topics, see last
year's program. This year's program (only Spring 2011) will be
built up as time goes by.
April 25 and May 2
- No lectures (2nd day of easter, and absence of Bas and Peter).
- 16:45, Ariyan Javanpeykar, continued.
- 15:45, Ariyan Javanpeykar, Heights.
- No course because Peter and Bas are in Padova.
Bas Edixhoven <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last modified: Mon May 30 22:40:11 CEST 2011